4th Anniversary Membership Meeting
The TEA 4-year Anniversary meeting was held on October 26th at the Elliott Bay Bookstore meeting room. Fifty (50) TEA members attended.
- TEA history and current legal status
- financial report
- election of board members
- nominating committee
- brainstorm for future actions
- Q & A
Election of Officers of the Board
In accordance with the bylaws, elections for the following five positions are currently open for nominations:
- 1st Vice President
- 2nd Vice President
Duties and responsibilities for each office are fully described in the Bylaws.
Copies of the Bylaws are available; please contact anyone who attended the Anniversary meeting or Ken Madden for a copy.
In accordance with the Bylaws, a panel of three, plus the Secretary, have been identified to fulfill the duties of an impartial nominating committee:
- Mike Clark
- Duc Dang
- Christine Sankwich
- Severne Johnson
Please submit board nominations to any one on the nominating committee.
The Bylaws set the duration of activities for the nomination and voting process; please refer to the Bylaws for specific details. Here is an overview:
- October 26, 1999 - Nominating committee introduced and nominating process begins
- November 12, 1999 - Nominations close
- November 15-26, 1999 - Voting ballots prepared and distributed
- November 29 - December 7, 1999 - Voting for Officers of the Board
- December 7, 1999 - Voting ends at 11am; Ballots opened at 12pm during TEA Annual Meeting