T E A
T i m e s
August 16 2005
Wanted: TEA Candidates for 2nd Vice President and Treasurer.
Officers to be Elected at October Annual Meeting.
This special edition of the TEA Times is intended to give you information about these positions, which will be voted on at the Annual Meeting October 19th. Nominations close September 28th and should be submitted to the Nominating Committee (including Gary Ikeda, Ken Madden, Lee Miller, and Robin Robinson) or any TEA Board officer.
We encourage all our members to consider running for these positions - it is the most direct way to have an impact on the direction and operation of our organization! (Note that current 2nd VP Dave Crippen will have fulfilled two terms and thus will not be eligible to run again for this position.) We welcome new energy and ideas - please consider running and nominate yourself or someone you trust!
Here are the duties per TEA Bylaws for these positions; also, the current office holders will be available at the monthly member meetings to answer any questions about their positions. (Note: TEA Board members also attend weekly Board lunch meetings.)
SECTION F. SECOND VICE-PRESIDENT
- The Second Vice-President shall discharge on behalf of the TEA such duties as may be imposed upon him/her by the President, these Bylaws, or by applicable law, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Assist - The Second Vice-President shall assist the President in such a manner as the President may determine.
- Preside - In the absence of the President and the First Vice-President, the Second Vice-President shall preside at meetings of the TEA and of the Board.
- Chair - The Second Vice-President shall be the Chairperson of the Bargaining Committee. The Second Vice-President shall report in a timely fashion to the Board and Body on the Bargaining issues and activities.
SECTION H. TREASURER
- The Treasurer shall discharge on behalf of the TEA such duties as may be imposed upon him/her by the President, these Bylaws, or by applicable law, including, but not limited to, the following;
- Receive all moneys and receipts due the TEA, from whatever source, and promptly place them in the TEA bank account. The Treasurer shall disburse the same only by check signed by him/her and the President or First Vice-President.
- Keep the TEA funds in an account at a bank, which is either federally insured, or which is backed by the full faith and credit of the US government.
- Maintain and keep current and accurate records of members' dues, levies, payments, and all other financial transactions.
- Notify members within fifteen (15) days of their financial delinquency. (See Article V, Section D.)
- Be prepared to exhibit receipts and vouchers upon request for the audit of the TEA's records.
- Present to the Body at each Regular meeting an accounting of the past month's financial transactions to provide accountability and justification of any disbursements of the TEA funds.
Eric Mandel, President
Roger Browne, 1st Vice President
Dave Crippen, 2nd Vice President
Patty Overby, Secretary
Eric Davison, Treasurer