T E A
T i m e s
August 19, 2002
August Meeting Schedule
|Aug 19||Contract Negotiating Team, 12-1pm
|Aug 20||Contract Negotiating Session, 9-4pm, Transit / KC
|Aug 21||Monthly Meeting - Elliott Bay Bookstore Cafe, 12-1pm
|Aug 23||Contract Negotiating Session, 9-4pm, WTD / KC
| || |
|Aug 26||Contract Negotiating Team, 12-1pm
|Aug 27||Contract Negotiating Session, 9-4pm, Transit / KC
|Aug 28||Nominations for TEA Officers Close at 4:30pm
All members are encouraged to attend the Monthly Meeting on Wed., August 21.
Agenda: Vote on Proposed Bylaw Amendments
Nominations for Officers
In accordance with the TEA Bylaws, Elections for the following TEA Officers are
scheduled for the Annual Meeting on September 18th: President, 1st Vice-
President, 2nd Vice President and Secretary.
All nominations shall be in writing and delivered to the TEA Secretary, Severne
Johnson, or the Nominating Committee by 4:30 pm on August 28th, which is 15
working days before the Annual Meeting in accordance with the Bylaws.
The duties and responsibilities for each Board position are outlined in TEA Bylaw
Article VI; the TEA Bylaws are available on the TEA website: www.teaseattle.org.
President = 2 years
1st Vice President = 1 year remaining
2nd Vice President = 2 years
Secretary = 1 year remaining
Based on the amended Bylaws, any full member may be nominated for any position of the Board. TEA members can nominate themselves or a co-worker.
Proposed Bylaw Amendments
In accordance with Article XII, Amendments and Revisions, the following
Amendments to the TEA Bylaws have been proposed and will be voted on by the
TEA membership at the monthly meeting on August 21st:
- PROPOSED ACTION: Modify Article V, Section A.2, to read: EFFECTIVE DATE - Each Employee meeting eligibility requirements will become a Full Member upon the effective date of the initial collective bargaining agreements between TEA and King County or upon signing the Authorization for Wage Deduction to Cover Union Dues, whichever comes first.
- PROPOSED ACTION: Modify Article VI, Section C.2.c. to read: Term of Office - The President shall be elected initially for a three-year term and thereafter for two-year terms. The First Vice-President and Secretary shall be elected initially for a two-year term, subsequently for a one-year term, and thereafter for two-year terms. The Second Vice-President shall be elected initially for a four-year term and thereafter for two-year terms. The Treasurer shall be elected for two-year terms.
- PROPOSED ACTION: Modify Article VIII, Section A.2 to read: Each Annual Meeting shall be held on the third Wednesday in September, or at a time and place determined by the TEA Board, and announced at least one month in advance of that meeting.
- PROPOSED ACTION: Modify Article IX by adding a new Section:
Section E. VOTING BY PROXY
- Each Full Member will be allowed to assign his/her vote for any General or Special Election to a Proxy vote by submitting:
- Properly filled out, dated and signed standard TEA Proxy form.
- Filed with the TEA Secretary prior to obtaining the ballot represented by the Proxy
- Vote presented by the Proxy to the Secretary at the General or Special Election Meeting before the election votes are counted.
The TEA Bylaws that were ratified at the Annual Meeting on September 19, 2001 can be reviewed at the TEA website: www.teaseattle.org